Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dr. Mabuse, Der Spieler


Title: Dr. Mabuse, Der Spieler - Dr. Mabuse, Parts 1 and 2
Year: 1922
Country: Germany
Director: Fritz Lang
Producer: Erich Pommer
Genre: Crime, Horror, Mystery, & Thriller
Runtime: 140 minutes
Viewed: Part 1: June 28th & Part 2: June 29, 2010

Review: Best way to put it in my opinion is too little, too late. The first half was 120 minutes long, although it was two hours it did not seem that bad, I was entertained for the most part. The second half was 109 minutes long and completely lost me. The first half was fun it kept my attention, although I am still not sure I could tell you what character was who because since Dr. Mabuse disguises himself I'm not sure who was who at all. One second I would think I had it figured out and then the next I would be asking Drake, wait is that this person and she wouldn't know either. The second half was just extremely confusing, all we understood was the he went crazy. Unfortunately because the second half was hard to follow and boring, exaggerating unnecessary scenes to a long length, it was hard to give our full attention to it. I'm not saying we are sitting her glued to the television when we watch these movies, but typically if it even catches our attention a little we are pretty attune to what is happening. Due to the second half of this movie and feeling like it was even longer then the first half, I would never watch it again.

Rating:
2 Shamrocks (If it was just the second half, the movie would only get 1 Shamrock)
1.5 Soccer balls

Movie 13 down... 988 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment