Friday, July 2, 2010

Nosferatu, Eine Symphonie Des Grauens


Title: Nosferatu, Eine Symphonie Des Grauens - Nosferatu, A Symphony of Terror
Year: 1922
Country: Germany
Director: F.W. Murnau
Producer: N/A (not given)
Genre: Horror
Runtime: 81 minutes
Viewed: July 1, 2010

Review: Most traditionally know this film as the one that started the Dracula movies. I understand that what we typically refer to as frightening now is different then what was frightening then. Now we enjoy things that make us jumpy, however in that period I can completely understand how this was a horror type film. There are a few images from the movie that are scary but nothing that is going to leave me with nightmares. This is the first movie so far that either Drake or I had actually heard of, but not only that, Drake has watched a couple versions of the movie before. It was entertaining to say the least and there are some nice effects throughout the movie that make it worth watching. I'm not sure it would be one I would actively seek out to watch again, but I would not be opposed to watching it again if someone else was already watching it. All that to say it is cool to see where the Dracula movies began.

Rating:
3 Shamrocks
3 Soccer balls

Movie 15 down... 986 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment