Monday, May 10, 2010

Les Vampires


Title: Les Vampires
Year: 1915
Country: France
Director: Louis Feuillade
Producer: N/A (not given)
Genre: Crime & Horror
Runtime: 399 minutes
Viewed: I don't remember when we started watching this, but as stated below it took about two months, finished watching the film: April 26, 2010

Review: Well, what is there to say about this film? If you need to fall asleep, then it would probably be a great film for you to watch. There were multiple times while watching this movie, that I became incredibly tired/bored just watching and in the last part of it, I actually did fall asleep. There are 10 parts to this film that in the end equals 400 minutes. It literally took me 2 months to make myself complete this mission. My partner in this adventure stopped watching after, I believe it was, the fifth part. I am not completely sure why this is in the book, and honestly I don't care why it is, I don't think it was necessary. The whole plot of the movie follows a gangster group that is referred to as Les Vampires. Trying to follow the characters was incredibly difficult. There were two characters I could recognize on a regular basis, and one of them was just because he is odd looking. I would never in my life watch this film again. It gets incredibly frustrating when you sit there and watch the characters do something for about five minutes and they are repeating the same action over again, I truly believe that the movie could have been just as long as a typical movie now, no more then 120 minutes. Also, the color scheme changes when they go outside or it becomes night time is ridiculous. I don't know what people were like in 1915, but I would assume they didn't need a green color scheme to appear when the characters went outside where there are clearly trees present. Never, ever again will I watch this movie. One word, exhausting.

Rating: 1/2 Shamrock

Movie 4 down... 997 to go!

1 comment:

  1. just fyi, the camera was only invented in the early 1900's, so filmmaking as we know it virtually did not exist. too bad they didn't think to hire an editor

    ReplyDelete